Friday, February 29, 2008

Knots n' tumors

All I wanted to do was find a new conditioner. The hair that I've managaed to grow since I finished chemo seven years ago needs some new 'product.' So I visited my favorite hair care supply store and it was suggested to me to try a product I'd never tried before. It comes in a pink bottle, has a big pink ribbon on the label. The product felt good on my hand and so I imagined one day soon being able to run my fingers through my smooth and detangled hair.

But there was a pink ribbon on the label that was totally harshing my shopping buzz. Why do I have to think about cancer when I'm buying conditioner? Or cereal? Or anything?

Maybe all I want to do is have a fabulous head of hair floating over a brain that is free of thoughts of reality, if only for a brief moment.

Pink shmink.

1 comment:

armazan said...

Although in our life this time seems everything can cause cancer, we needn't too fear. Cancer is not as easy as that attack us. Also, cancer is not catching. If we owning one or some cancer risk factor, none meaning us surely suffer cancer. Some people more is sensitive hit by cancer compared to is other. But that even also not yet of course! Become there is no need to fear or stress. If we stress, exactly stress thatis making our condition is ugly, and facilitate to come the disease.