Friday, October 12, 2007

eRant

Please Jebus, no more. No more chain mail/junk mail 'send this to ten friends' email. This assumes that I have ten friends, and that I'd want to inflict this shite on those ten friends that I might have, as though I can afford to squander those ten friendships by sending them this crap.
I don't care how well meaning you are, how much you want to help "the cause," DO NOT send me any emails that ask me to go to some site and either click on an ad or buy something because that will help pay for mammograms for poor women.

You want to help 'the cause?' How about sending some real money to a real charity, not some online faux charity that is actually a for profit company that doesn't make it easy to find out how much of their income they donate to 'the cause.' I'm looking at you, thebreastcancersite and CharityUSA and Homeline Publications.

As for me, lately I've been feeling like I gave a lot to breast cancer research when I had the mastectomies and the survived the chemo. What more can I do? Oh, right, go shopping and buy some pink shit.

9/11; cancer epidemic - just go shopping, that'll make it all better!

Cripes.

2 comments:

Cuz said...

You mean buying all that pink shite doesn't HELP?!?!? I wasted my money on the pink tie, hat, bracelet, and magnetic ribbon? What about the pink athletic supporter? The little girl selling them swore I'd cure cancer if I bought it? What ever shall become of it now?

Cancerella said...

Bwah! Now, there's an image for your next family Christmas card.